Now a days ,I plan my lunch and dinner a day ahead. It make everything easier. Then I also get some extra time to make my favorite food too!
Bajri or pearl millet is high in iron and a cup of yogurt can give you good amount of protein and calcium ,making a healthy meal during pregnancy or otherwise. Have loads of water through the day. Try it for healthier you!
Serves 6-8 parathas
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup bajri flour (pearl millet)
2 cups grated beetroot
4-5 green chilles
6-7 garlic pods
1/2 inch ginger
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp oil + oil for greasing
- Make a paste of green chillies, garlic, ginger with pinch of salt
- Take a pan with a tbsp oil. Add cumin and paste of green chillies,garlic and ginger to it. Mix it and allow it to saute for a minute.
- Add grated beetroot, coriander and turmeric powder and salt. Mix it and allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix whole wheat flour and bajri flour. Put above hot beetroot mixture into flour. Add lemon juice. Mix everything with wooden spatula while it is hot.
- You may need some water to make dough out of it. Make equal parts out of it.
- Heat the iron or non-stick griddle or tava.
- With the help of some flour ,roll out each piece of dough like any other paratha.
- Grease the griddle with oil and cook both sides of paratha well.
- Serve it with a cup of yogurt.
Mix all the ingredients with flour while hot. Bajri flour should be mix when it is warm to hot.
Try some other healthy parathas :