There are plenty of avacados in Bangalore unlike Pune! While everyone seems to like it, I am not very fond of this fruit. Actually it does not go well with my palate at all. I like very few avacado recipes. This raita is one of them!
1 avacado (ripe)
11/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 to 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1 green chilly
some coriander leaves
1/2 tsp sugar
roasted cumin powder
11/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp chat masala
- Cut and scoop out ripe avacado. Roughly chop them.
- Blend avacado pieces, 2-3 tbsp yogurt, salt, sugar, coriander, chat masala,cumin powder and green chilly to smooth paste.
- Gently beat yogurt and mix avacado mixture in yogurt.
- Mix pomegranate seeds in raita just before serving.
- This raita can be served as side dish with a rice dish or rotis.