Fritters or pakoras are a delight for monsoon evenings. While nothing can replace crunchy onion pakoras, I sometimes crave for something crispy and nice! The ingredients may be similar to tandoori gobi but I don’t have a tandoor at home so I made it in oven!
For once you can make this gobi recipe when you crave for fritters! Maybe it will work for you just like me. This simple recipe can be quick if you avoid marination time. But marination improves taste. So I very much recommend it. It is very easy and totally guit free!
2 cups of cauliflower florets
2-3 tbsp full fat yogurt
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp corn flour
11/2 tsp ginger paste
11/2 tsp garlic paste
3/4 tsp chilly powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp tandoori masala (optional)
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp oil for greasing
chopped spring onions or shallots
- Boil cauliflower florets salt in water till they are just soft but firm. Strain the water and put them on dry kitchen towel.
- For marinade, mix all the ingredients for marinade in big bowl. Add cauliflower florets in marinade and mix it so that they are coated well.
- Allow it to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 220 deg c.
- Grease a baking tray and arrange pieces of cauliflower and bake it for 9-10 minutes at 220 deg c. (Turn the cauliflower pieces at half time)
- Garnish it with spring onions and sprinkle some chat masala.
- Serve really hot as a snack or appetizer.