One should have some really simple appetizers in hand for unexpected guests. Ok, I made this dish for myself and Mr.V. I felt like having some thing cheesy and yummy. This dish makes perfect fit for appetizer or snack for kids and in my case on any day! Make them and enjoy with your family and friends!
Serves 6 stuffed potatoes
3 medium to large sized potatoes
olive oil for greasing
3/4 cup green peas (i used frozen)
1 medium to large onion (sliced)
2 garlic cloves(grated)
2 green chilies (chopped)
1/2 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp grated parmesan (optional)
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp crushed pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and scrub the potatoes to remove the dirt. Using fork, poke the potatoes few times to vent the steam. Grease the potatoes , place it in microwave-proof dish and microwave it for 4-5 minutes on high. The potatoes should be firm as it has to be baked again.
- Cut the potatoes into half and scoop out the centre to make enough space for filling. Sprinkle some sea salt and pepper and brush them with olive oil.
- For stuffing, heat oil in a pan. Add cumin, green chilies ,onions and garlic. Let onion become soft and add salt ,pepper and parmesan. Put off the heat.
- For browning of potatoes, bake them 220 deg for 4-5 minutes in preheated oven.
- In each scooped potato , put one spoon of stuffing and top it with cheddar and drizzle it with olive oil. Bake them at 200 deg for 4 minutes more. Serve it hot with cheesy dip or tomato ketchup or chinese hot chilly sauce.
The baking time in microwave may vary for different microwaves. Cook for a minute more if potatoes are undercooked. For this, check them with fork.