I know few friends for whom baking has turned into passion and then into addiction. Though a sweet addiction! I don’t really have sweet tooth but Mr.V do! Baked or no bake goods, he likes everything sweet. Making desserts may not be my comfort zone but then what are cookbooks for!
I got the two wonderful cookbooks which I ordered from flipkart through cuponation website. There are so many good reads and some really great deals on the site(cuponation). The website provides discount vouchers which will save you money and time and it also provides lot of options of online stores (flipkart, jabong, snapdeal and more). Get the voucher and code on the website and you can go online shopping. My personal favorites are the books and movie coupons. Wide variety and quick delivery is what attracted me. There is something for everybody on cuponation. Top 20 popular deals section of the website have some great discounts which this site can boast of! In this mercury rising atmosphere, if you can shop sitting at home and still get better price on each buy, then it is like a cherry on cake!
This sponge cake recipe is quiet popular all over web and is first recipe in the book ‘cakes and bakes’ by Sanjeev kapoor. It is a must to have no fail recipe of basic sponge cake. Here is the one recipe where nothing can possibly go wrong. I know that a perfect sponge cake should be little dry and granulated so that further it can be worked out with syrups and other flavourings. But, I like little moist cake and it turned out perfectly moist. It is simple and quick!
I would love to have feedback of my readers and fellow bloggers!
Adapted from book ‘Cakes and bakes’ By Sanjeev kapoor
All the ingredients used should be used at room temperature.
The condensed milk used in this recipe is sweetned one. So I have added sugar accordingly.
Makes 8 servings or 8 inch and 400gm cake
1 cup all purpose flour (unbleached )
55gms unsalted butter
4 tbsp sugar
200gm condensed milk (half tin of milkmaid)
1 cup milk
11/2 tsp baking powder
11/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp icing sugar
- Prepare an 8 inch round cake tin by greasing it with butter and then lightly dusting with flour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg c/350 deg f.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and soda bicarbonate. Take a big mixing bowl and cream butter and sugar in it till the mixture is light and fluffy. This will take around 4-5 minutes.
- Add condensed milk and beat well.
- Now slowly stir in the milk. Add vanilla essence.
- Gradually add flour, mixing well after each addition. Mix well for 3-4 minutes or till the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared cake tin and bake it for 28-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack and allow it cool down completely.
Drop some icing sugar over cake.