Chilly peppers have unique taste. But they are not spicy or hot at all. They are known as ‘bhavnagri mirchi’ in some parts of India. Stuffed chilly peppers make perfect appetizer for winter evening. Serve them for house party or small family dinner. Yes, it works for everyone and anytime.
Serves 8 stuffed peppers
8 chilly peppers
2 tbsp oil
grated dry coconut
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 Cup roasted peanuts
1/2 Cup roasted sesame seeds
2 tbsp of grated coconut
1 tbsp jaggery
11/2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp chat masala
- Put a length-wise cut on each chilly pepper with knife carefully. Remove the seeds and keep aside.
- For stuffing, blend all the ingredients for stuffing to a coarse mixture.
- Fill the stuffing into the chilly peppers (use your hands and fingers, yes these chilly peppers are not hot at all) and press gently to close it .
- In a flat non-stick pan, heat the oil. Put the stuffed peppers in such a way that there is enough space to keep turning them for uniform cooking. Close the pan with lid. The peppers should be charred and cooked uniformly till they are little soft. They should have nice smoky flavour but should not be overly burnt. It will take 6-9 minutes to be done.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds and dry coconut. Serve hot as appetizer.