Paneer tikka is an all time favourite. It is served best as an appetizer or evening snack. It is a great option for dinner party.So when I got this recipe from Laavy’ kitchen, I was excited to try it out soon. Go here for original recipe Paneer tikka. To make it more brown and crisp, I have used bread crums.
There is a reason for why you should not take food pictures at night! It makes pictures shaddy !
Serves 4 persons
12 pieces of paneer (recipe for home made paneer)
1 green bell pepper
4 tbsp hung yogurt
1 tsp salt
11/4 tsp chilly powder
3/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp aamchur (dry mango powder)
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
2 tbsp bread crums
1 tsp olive oil
- For tikkas, cut paneer in cubes.
- Cut bell pepper in blocks. Make sure you de-seed pepper.
- De-seed tomatoes and cut in almost same size of pepper and paneer.
- Separate the layers of onions and cut in blocks.
- Mix all the ingredients for marinade except bread crums. In a salad bowl or deep vessel, mix marinade and all vegetables and paneer. Mix with your hand so that paneer do not break. Rest the marinated paneer and veggies for 40 minutes in refrigerator.
- Take a skewer, starting with onion insert all the ingredients in proper order. Keep very little distance between each ingredients. Sprinkle bread crums over skewer and spray some olive oil. Do not add more oil else it may drip down to make a mess. Grill them in oven for 11-13 minutes. Allow it to stand in oven for 2 minutes. Serve really hot with tomato chutney or coriander chutney.
- For those who don’t have skewers, I have tried alternate method. Grease a non-stick tray with very little oil. Arrange all the marinated veggies and paneer on the tray. Make sure you put all the marinade. Do not waste any thing there. Sprinkle some bread crums. Mix gently. Grill for 13-15 minutes or till it just browns.