Finally , I have baked my first cake. I want to thank Mareena and Natasha for their tips and encouragement for baking. I asked Mareena my queries before buying an oven. Thanks for proper direction and important tips on baking. Thank you Natasha for being my source of inspiration for baking.
I have been searching for simplest chocolate recipe. I wanted to watch a video before actually doing it. I watched sanjeev kapoor video for chocolate fudge cake. I followed the recipe. Except that I have taken half of all ingredients as I wanted smaller cake and I have used white powdered sugar instead of brown demerara sugar. I am completely satisfied with my first cake. I could not wait for proper pictures. This picture is all I have got.
This recipe is adapted from chocolate fudge cake by Sanjeev Kapoor (video)
3/4 cup all purpose flour(maida)
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup powdered sugar
75 gm Unsalted butter
70 gm dark chocolate ( I used 85% cocoa chocolate)
2 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp hung yogurt
- Sieve the flour and baking powder in big mixing bowl.
- Microwave chocolate on high for 30-45 seconds.
- Mix the melted butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This process is called creaming. Add vanila essence to it.
- Beat the eggs in separate bowl until they are 3 times the volume. Add them to butter and sugar mixture and mix and combine nicely.
- Mix the melted dark chocolate with hung yogurt.
- Combine flour mixture, dark chocolate mixture and butter+sugar+egg mixture. Fold into the flour to form smooth cake batter.
- Preheat oven to 190deg.
- Pour the cake batter into greased cake tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 190 deg.
- Use the spoon or tooth prick to check whether cake is cooked or not. If spoon comes out clear, it is cooked else bake for 3-4 more minutes
- Allow the cake to cool down for 8-10 minutes before removing it from tin.
Tip: Add 2 tbsp of milk if the batter is becoming dry.
I served with a spoon of melted dark chocolate and powdered sugar sprinkled over.