Serves 2 persons
1 bowl(220gms) of green beans(chopped and boiled)
1/2 cup(4 tbsp) grated fresh coconut
1 medium sized onion(chopped)
7-8 garlic cloves
1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder
2 green chiliies(slit at centre)
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
pinch of asafoetida
pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp oil
- Chop green beans and boil it salted water for 6-7 minutes
- Prepare mixture of fresh coconut,garlic, coriander powder and cumin powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan. Add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle. Now add cumin seeds, green chillies and asafoetida. Add chopped onion and pinch of salt in it. Allow onions to go soft.
- Add pinch of turmeric powder, green beans, red chilly powder and salt. Mix well. Now add the mixture of coconut-garlic-coriander-cumin. Mix well and close the lid and cook for a minute.
- Serve hot as a side dish or with rotis (indian flat bread)