Yes, yes I love parathas! Cabbage, potato, spinach just does not matter! I love them so much that I think every time I have them , I go hmmmmm…… yummy!
Gobi(cabbage) paratha or any paratha is served with chilled yogurt or raita!
Hope you try this one!
Serves 8 parathas
2 bowls( 550 gms) of cabbage(shredded)
1 tsp cumin
11/2 inch ginger, 5-6 chillies, 7-9 garlic cloves( prepare paste of it with little salt)
1 tsp cumin powder,1 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp lime juice
1 tbsp oil and oil to grease
2 bowls of whole wheat flour( around 400 gms)
1/4 bowl(50 gms) of flour(maida)
1/2 tsp salt
1 bowl plain yogurt
1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala
salt, 1/2 tsp sugar
little red chilly powder to sprinkle
- First prepare the dough. For dough ,mix all the ingredients and prepare the dough with the help of water. Knead it for 5 minutes. Keep it aside to rest for 20 minutes!
- Prepare a paste of green chillies, garlic and ginger with pinch of salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin and green chilly paste. Fry for about 30 seconds. Add turmeric powder and shredded cabbage. Mix it. Close the lid and allow it to cook for next 5 minutes.
- Now add cumin powder , coriander powder and salt. Mix it. Close lid and cook for 2-3 more minutes and add lime juice. Put off the heat! (It should be a dry filling)
- Allow the mixture to cool down
- Heat the flat pan or griddle.
- Divide the dough in 8 equal parrts. With the help of flour, roll out one part at a time . Put about 11/2 tbsp of filling in it. Pulling the ends togather , seal the ends and gently press at the centre. Roll it out into paratha with the help of dough!
- Dont panic ,if the filling is coming out. Dab little flour and continue rolling out. Be gentle.
- Grease the griddle with few drops of oil. Put the paratha on hot griddle. Each side should be cooked properly and each side will take around 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with raita. A dash of butter on the top would be delicious!
Tip: Cut at the the centre of paratha, roll each part and serve with raita!
Beat the yogurt and mix all the ingredients. Taste and adjust the salt. Serve chilled with parathas!