Parathas are always yummy and this one is no exceptional! I loved it and you would love it too! Just try….
Serves 6 parathas(breads)
4-5 medium sized potatoes(boiled and mashed)
11/2 bowl spinach(chopped)
4-5 green chillies, 1/2 inch ginger, 6-7 garlic cloves
1 tsp coriander powder
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oil
11/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour(maida)
Oil for greasing parathas(bread)
For yogurt raita(salad)
1 1/2 cup low fat yogurt
salt, 1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp red chilly powder, 1/4 tsp chaat masala, 1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves(chopped)
For parathas(stuffed bread)
- Mix the flours and prepare the dough with the help of water. Knead the dough for five minutes(use your muscles!). Allow it to rest for 20 minutes at room temperature
- For stuffing ,prepare a paste of green chillies, ginger, garlic and pinch of salt.Heat oil in pan, add cumin and green chilly paste. Saute for a minute. Add spinach salt and mix it. Saute for a minute or two. Put off the heat. Allow it to cool. Add mashed potatoes and lime juice.
- Divide the dough in equal parts. Take one part and roll it out evenly. Put 11/2 tbsp stuffing in it.
- Close with the help edges and seal it by gently pressing edges forming ball like.
- With the of flour, roll it out gently. Heat the non-stick griddle and grease it with few drops of oil. Put rolled out paratha or bread on hot griddle. Each side will take 3-5 minutes. Cook both sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot with yogurt raita(dip)
For Yogurt raita(dip)
Beat yogurt and mix all the ingredients. Serve chilled.