No preaching today! Because this yummy recipe is my own and i can’t wait to share it with all you guys! I absolutely love these cutlets and highly recommend to prepare atleast once. They are easy and healthy too! They may take little time for preparation but its all worth it.
Tip: Use this cutlet in your burger with lettuce, tomato ,onion ,peppers and cheese and your lunch on go is ready!
Serves 8 cutlets
1 bowl(about 200g) of sweet potato(boiled, peeled and mashed)
11/2 bowl of soy granules(I used nutrella)
3/4 bowl chickpea(boiled and mashed)
1/2 cup coriander leaves / cilantro(chopped)
7-8 mint leaves
7-8 garlic, 1inch ginger piece
3-4 green chillies
1 tsp red chilly powder
2-3 tsp lime juice
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp fennel seeds
2-3 tbsp oil
4 tbsp bread crums(bread powder)
3 tbsp flour
- In 4 cups of water, boil soy granules for 5-6 minutes.Allow it to cool down. Squeeze out excess water and keep aside.
- Grind green chillies,ginger,garlic,coriander powder,cumin powder and salt to paste.In small pan ,heat 1 tsp oil and put above green chilly mixture and saute for a minute.Allow to cool down.
- Now add mashed wseet potatoes, mashed chickpea(coarsely mashed) and boiled soy granules to green chilly mixture. Add red chilly powder, lime juice, mint leaves, coriander leaves, fennel seeds and mix properly.
- Take two flat plates.In one plate, prepare a thin batter of flour and water. In another plate , put bread crums.
- Heat oil in flat bottomed pan. Prepare cutlets/patties in round shape and flattened at the centre. Dip each cutlet in batter and then coat it with bread crums and put in hot oil in pan. Each side of cutlet will take 2-3 minutes to become brown and nice. Turn over and cook other side.
Serve hot with tomato sauce or yogurt dip.