In the middle of learning food photography , am trying to click some good pictures which i know is not working. But, i am not going to give up.
A pulao with spices and chilled tomato raita is perfect for an afternoon meal!
Feeds :2 persons
1 cup basmati rice
1/2 cup of methi leaves( fenugreek) or 1/4 cup kasoori methi
1/4 cup french beans cut in 1/2 each size
1/4 green peas
1/4 sweet corn + carrot(cut in diamond shape)
1 small cinnamon stick (dalchinni)
2-3 cloves (long)
1 cardamom (elaichi)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
2 slited green chillies
11/2 tbsp cooking oil
13/4 cups water
1/2 cup milk
For tomato raita
2 small tomatoes
11/2 cup yogurt
1/4 tsp red chilly powder +jeera powder (cumin powder)
1/4 tsp aamchur (dry mango powder)
1/4 tsp sugar(optional)
chopped fresh coriander(optional)
- Wash and soak rice in excess water for 20-25 minutes. wash all the vegetables and cut them in required sizes
- Heat the pressure cooker with oil ( you can also a pan instead). Put cinnamon,cloves cardamom and bayleaf. Fry for a minute or two
- Now add jeera , green chillies and then methi leaves( cleaned and washed). Add all the vegatables and fry for a 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice and just stir it before adding water. Add water and milk and then salt
- Cook for 2 whitles or 10 minutes(roughly) or microwave it closed vessel at high for 15-20 minutes. For microwave , i use 1/2 cup more water( it varies for different microwaves). keep checking after 15 minutes when kept in microwave.
For raita(yogurt salad)
- Chop tomato. Beat the yogurt salt and sugar to form smooth mixture. Mix yogurt in chopped tomatoes.
- Take the yogurt mixture in serving bowl.
- Sprinkle chilly powder , jeera powder and aamchur over it. Garnish it with very little coriander if you want. Serve chilled.