Few days back I got this pack of Nutrella soya granules. For vegetarians, I think it is the best protein source. This packet comes with the recipe of cutlet on it. Just with minor changes, my version is ready. The pack said to deep fry, I just proceeded with pan frying with little oil and turned out to be one of the healthy snack. I am sure deep frying will taste great. But these are good too! Worth try atleast once.
Makes 8 cutlets.
11/2 cup soya granules
1 big or 2 small boiled potato
1 tsp chilly powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
juice of 1 small lemon
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
For making cutlet
2 tbsp rava (semolina)
2 tbsp flour (maida)
2 tbsp oil
- Mash the potatoes and boil the soya granules for 5 mintes in salt water. Squeeze out the water from granules properly. Combine all the ingredients for filling. Taste it and adjust with salt and chilly powder ( soya granules are basically tasteless).
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts. Take each part of filling and make round balls. Press gently at top and bottom to form flat cutlet shape.
- Prepare the batter like mixture of flour and water( 2tbsp flour+ 4-6 tbsp of water).
- Take two flat plates. In one plate pour the flour mixture( very little , just to dip top and bottom of cutlet and not the entire cutlet). In other plate, spread rava(semolina) evenly.
- Take a flat bottomed non-stick pan. Heat the oil in it. Take one cutlet, just immersed the top and bottom part of cutlet in flour batter and then roll in rava(semolina) and put in hot pan. Similarly prepare all the cutlets.
- Each cutlet will take around 2-3 minutes each side. When cutlet becomes light brown, turn over to another side.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Remember you are not deep frying it so be gentle while turning over the cutlet. Have patience it may take time for browning of cutlet.