I had this sandwich in some local restaurant when i was kid. Since then, i am just loving them. The green chutney is the simple one, which is served with most of indian snacks. Very simple and use your favorite veggies. I tried using pineapple and i loved it! you can use lettuce, cabbage, carrot, bell peppers. Take fresh bread of your choice.
For green chutney
1 cup coriander leaves
7-8 mint leaves (pudina)
5-6 garlic cloves
1/2 inch ginger piece
2 tsp lemon juice
3-5 green chillies
3/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp putani (dalia)
Serves 2 persons
4 large bread(your choice, i used brown bread) slices
1 cucumber sliced
1 beetroot sliced
1 boiled potato sliced
1 or 2 tomato sliced
1 tsp butter
Tomato sauce to serve
- For green chutney, grind all the ingredients to paste with very little water if required and keep aside. Use it as necessary and refrigerate the remaining.
- Trim the bread slices by just removing the edges finely.
- Apply the fine layer of butter first. then apply generous amount of chutney. Apply chutney to another bread slice.
- First arrange a layer of cucumber, then a layer of beetroot, then tomato & beetroot. Use your veggies generously. Four layers of veggies and then the slice of bread with chutney to cover it.
- Gently press the top of sandwich and cut the sandwich to form two triangular pieces.
- In the same way prepare one more sandwich, serve it with tomato sauce.