Definitely, quickest starter i have ever made. Amazingly crisp! perfect for entire family or even unexpected guests. If you manage to get tender and fresh babycorn, its the best!
Serves 2 persons
8-10 fresh babycorns
2 tbsp flour (maida)
2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
freshly crushed pepper powder to garnish
oil to deep fry
- Blanch the babycorns by boiling 8-10 minutes or till tender in water with 1/2 tsp salt.
- Make the batter of flour(maida) and corn flour with water .The batter should be of medium consistency. Add salt and chilly powder to the batter.
- Heat the oil for deep fry.
- Take the bread powder in flat plate.
- Dip each babycorn in the batter and roll them in bread powder carefully and put them in hot oil. Make sure oil is hot enough so that the fritters do not absorb more unnecessary oil by just being there in oil.
- Remove them when they are golden brown. Due to breadcrums, it will take no time to turn brown or even burnt sometimes. So be careful.
- Serve them hot with chilly garlic sauce or simple tomato sauce. sprinkle some freshly crushed pepper on fritters.