Okra is my absolute favourite! But this dish is just so simple and yet gives an edge and can be served in traditional lunch menu for guests.Tastes best with rotis and raita!
Serves 2 persons
1 medium onion(sliced)
pinch of hing(asafoetida)
1/2 tsp jeera(cumin)
2 tbsp oil
3-4 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
3 tbsp grated dry coconut
1 tbsp grated jaggery
5 dry red chillies
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
8-9 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp jeera(cumin) powder
1 tsp aamchur(dry mango) powder
2 tbsp roasted split gram(dalia,puttani)
- Wash and drain the okra. Dry them properly. cut them thin and long.
- Grind all the ingredients for masala coarsely.
- Heat oil in the pan. put jeera,hing and onions. Saute till onions are tender.
- Add okra and mix thoroughly. saute till okra is soft and tender witout closing the lid. This will take about 8-12 mins on medium flame.
- Add the grounded masala into okra. Mix well saute for about 2 mins.
- Serve with hot rotis.