One of the popular restaurant dish and one more indo-chinese variation which is probably not served in china but served in india. But who cares! I’m loving it!
This mouth-watering starter has many versions all over India, here goes mine! Have fun!
Serves 2 persons
1 bowl cauliflower florets
1 medium sized onion(cut into cubes)
1 green pepper(capsicum cut into cubes)
2tsp chopped garlic
1tbsp chopped ginger
1 tsp soy sauce
3-4 green chillies
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp oil+ oil to deep fry
- For par boiling,take 250ml of water and allow it to boil with 1/2tbsp salt in it.
- Take cauliflower and just pluck the florets with fingers. Dont cut the florets unless they are large.Let the florets be long. wash cauliflower with water and put them in boiling water.Boil them for approximately 7-8 minutes.Drain the water and keep aside.
- Dont overcook cauliflorets as they are again to be cooked while frying.
- Prepare the batter with flour ,little salt and half tsp red chilly powder and 3/4 cup of water. The batter should be of medium consistency.Mix properly so that no lumps are formed.
- Heat the oil enough for deep frying
- Take each floret , dip in the batter , fry till they are golden brown and remove them
- Take a pan , heat a 1 tbsp of oil,add chopped garlic and ginger.Saute for a minute
- Now add chilles, green peppers, onions. Fry on high flame for about a minute.Add soy sauce and salt. Be careful with salt as soy sauce is salty one.Add cauliflower florets and saute high flame about a 2 minutes. serve hot with tomato & garlic sauce.