I don’t know a single indian who has not tasted aloo mutter. It is not my favourite ,but it is definately one of the easiest dish. I believe each and everyone can cook in this world. After all cooking is not rocket science!. It just depends on some kind of motivation or personal interest in cooking. Back to the point, this recipe can be tried by someone who wants to cook but dont know where to start or someone who just want an excuse to have potato one more time!
Feeds 2 persons
2 medium sized par boiled potatoes
1 cup boiled peas
2 chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp jeera( cumin seeds)
a pinch asafoetida( hing)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp jeere(cumin) powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1 1/2 tbsp ghee or oil
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- Wash potatoes and cut them equally in block size. Boil them until they are half done. Par boil the peas and keep aside
- In a nonstick pan, heat oil, add jeera, asfoetida, ginger-garlic paste and mix well. add chopped tomatoes. cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Add coriander, jeera, red chilly, garam masala powder and turmeric powder. sprinkle little water and mix well
- Put potato pieces and mix well. cook for a minute and then add water,salt ,boiled peas.
- close with lid and allow to cook for next 3-4 minutes or till potatoes are just soft.
- garnish with chopped coriander.
- serve with hot roti or parathas.